Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Health is a blessing

So our house has been hit with some sicknesses. Tyler got sick last Thursday with a GI infection and was finally able to go back to work today. Feels as though he is on his way back to feeling good. Stone last night had a high fever and the night was so long. Starting out in his bed and then in our bed and then back in his bed. Mommy in tow to each new location. Mommy and baby didn't sleep so much. Around 12am Stone said he was hungry, so I brought him a slice of bread for he and me. It was hilarious listening to him smack his lips. We get done eating and Stone says, "Urs bed is dirty!" Thus us moving back to his bed. I cracked up when I went into my room this morning to see all the crumbs. My bed was dirty. Thank goodness for a washing machine and dryer!

Grant, my goodness, is changing so much. He is fighting a cold himself, so he likes to be right where I am and today was tough with both boys vying for my attention, yet Grant makes these little faces that just make me laugh. He crinkles his nose and then grits his teeth and then turns it into an adorable smile because he knows he is such a big boy sitting on the couch or whatever he just accomplished. God so blessed our home with this precious boy. Bed time is 7pm and our routine is to go into his room and I sing Jesus Loves Me. He immediately lays his head on my shoulder and just cuddles. I love it! He has a tender heart, and I pray I do my part to protect it.

Well, as the Mommy/Wife, I tell you I have been challenged this past week, yet God is really good and is always present. Ready to strengthen, listen, and encourage each time I call out to him. God, I am so grateful for you going through this valley with me and giving me strength to be the Mommy/Wife you have called me to be.

1 comment:

Tara said...

You are such a great Mom and and wife! I will pray for the health of you family. That is rough stuff!