Sunday, September 21, 2008

Run, Run, Run











Last night, Tyler, the boys and I did a 5K in Keller, TX with Keller Community Storehouse. We had so much fun! The 5K run/walk started at 7:30pm with over 900 attending. It was so exhilerating to be running with a crowd. Tyler was pushing the boys is our jogger and was going to walk and ended up jogging and passing me to cross the finish line first. At the end Mrs. Kate asked Stone if he ran and he said, "No. I race." He then told me he wanted to race again. Tyler and I both really had fun and are going to do more 5K's. It was a great family outing and also good to support a great cause.

Two of my girlfriends joined us, Kate and Nicole. Nicole's mom even came after working for 10 hrs on her feet. Go Cindy!!! And Kate didn't think she could run a mile and crossed the finish line in 29 minutes. Thanks, girls for doing this with me. I had a lot of fun! I certainly left room for improvement with my 35 min time! But the big prize goes to my Uncle Jud who ran it in 27 minutes. Wow! You are in shape! Thanks for cheering me to the finish line.

Today, we haven't been as sore as we thought. Praise God! Here are some pics at lunch. Stone had some oreos, and Grant loves it when we are all together, especially Daddy. Oh, I do have to add... it was hilarious when Tyler during the race said his calf was cramping, the one he didn't stretch very much. Kelly, you will get the biggest laugh out of this. Kind of an inside joke for those that don't get this.

5 comments:

Stan, Darby, Drake and Brock Allen said...

The boys are absolutely precious!!! I cannot believe how big they are getting! Love and miss you all!

Casey said...

Congrats on the race, that is awesome that you all did it with the boys! I must say they are both adorable!! I'm glad you're blogging, it was great to catch up with you through your posts! I can't wait to see more of the Kruse family!

Tara said...

I agree that your boys are getting too big! They are really a good mix of the both of you! Way to go-doing a 5k! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that picture of Tyler and Grant with his HUGE gum smile....is priceless!!

NM

Jeremy and Lacy said...

That is awesome. Jeremy and I said after we ran the Gate in Jax that we were going to do some 5ks to keep us in shape and we haven't done one yet. I will have to get online and see when there is going to be one here and get busy! LOVE those boys! Soooo precious and they are both getting so big!