Thursday, September 11, 2008

Special Day


My blog title is Trusting in the Lord. Today, the Lord proved himself so faithful. Our house is on the market, and I received a phone call that they were wanting to show our house in an hour. It was a morning where I was clearly busted. I was washing sheets, the kitchen needed cleaning and other things were in disarray. Well, I started feeling that panic in my stomach and immediately said, "Lord you know what I can handle." You know it was like a test, and 5 minutes later my phone rang again. It was my neighbor calling to ask if Stone could come over to play. I was so blessed. The Lord knew I needed a helping hand to get everything in order in 45 min.




After all was presentable, my neighbor, the kids and I went to McDonald's for lunch. We had our food, and Stone wanted to go down the slide. I said, "One time and then you need to come eat." He said, "Slide first then eat.", and I said, "yes." He was trying to climb and needed help b/c he was too short. I said to go another way, but he needed to come down. To get down, Stone had to go backwards and reach the step with his feet, and since he couldn't feel the step, he started swinging his feet with fear that there would be nothing there to step on. I said, "Son, you need to trust Mommy. I am right here just reach a little further. You are almost on the step." He made it and was off on to the slide. As I walked to our table, trusting the Lord flashed in my mind. Trusting him can be scary b/c that step isn't right where we feel it should be, yet it is. We just have to place our feet in his hands and he will make our feet like hinds feet.




As I allow the Lord to be a part of my day, I realize the many blessings he has in store for me, my boys, Tyler and all we come in contact with. Lacy and I just were talking yesterday about the blessing of being a mom and wife. This a role the Lord has given to me, and it is my responsibility to manage and respect all that it entails. The best part is that God is walking through this journey with me. There is a song that is our favorite. It goes like this.




No, no you never let go. Through the calm and through the storm.

No, no you never let go. Every high and every low.

No, no you never let go. Lord, you never let go of me.




I pray this touches someone today in a special way. Psalm 23 is a powerful scripture. Be encouraged and strengthened in the Lord today.

4 comments:

Owings Family said...

Precious! Thank you for such a wonderful reminder. And the picture of you and the boys is too cute! Love it!

Tara said...

I just saw your comment on my blog and immediately came over here to see your new and improved blog! Thank you so much for putting pics of the boys on there! What a beautiful family! Great post by the way!

MommyNik said...

I'm so excited to finally see your blog!! I will tune in often, so keep them good ;)

I love "Special Day" so good and so true! This has given me encouragement today.

Love you girl!!
Nicole

Jeremy and Lacy said...

What a great example of trust! I love your analogy and how you so simply can see God at work in the little things. Thank for an awesome reminder! Love that pic of you and the boys...so cute! You look so great too...beautiful!