Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election Wednesday

So we have a new President... Yikes! I am so thankful that God is still a good God and in control of all things. I do anticipate what the coming years will bring to our country.

Well on to more delicious things. My 2 aunts, Nancy and Barb, love to cook. I think my mom does too, since she is always looking for a new recipe, yet she didn't portray it too much when I was at home. Her meals are always great, and I think my brother got that ability naturally from my mom. Well, for me my love for cooking has grown, especially with the encouragement of my neighbor Erin. Thanks, Erin. Anyway, last weekend I made this incredible fried egg with bacon and made a toast/cheese sandwich with all the fixings. Mmmm... delicious. Made me think of Aunt Barb, who can make a fried egg like you have never tasted. Cousin Mike eats his eggs by eating all the whites and tries to not crack the runny yoke to the very end. Some days he is successful and others he needs some toast to soak up the goodness.

Today Stone had his first serving of French Toast. I learned how to make French Toast by my Aunt Nancy. She always made the best, and it was a treat to help her make it when I was younger. Stone wanted to sit in Grant's high chair and eat his special toast. I love how simple things bring excitement! Well, the high chair was a hit for awhile and then off to playing.

Grant certainly enjoyed walking around while he ate his butter toast. Grant just loves to be playing. He loves the tent with the cube inside. He is the explorer and studier. So different than his brother. Stone was really into wrestling when he was 1, and Grant is just content to sit and study a new toy. This is what I imagined when I dreamed of being a Mommy. All the differences and how they would love to play with one another. That is exactly what the Lord has blessed our home with.

Today, Grandma Debby, Aunt Stacey, Gigi and Katie are going to come by for a visit, so we need to get dressed and things picked up (a little). Got to run!

No comments: