Saturday, November 8, 2008

PRAISE GOD

I am going to copy Laura's emails to my blog so you can read the exact answer to prayer. Laura says it best. John has been diagnosed with Valley Fever, a lung infection. A fungus becomes airborne when dust around construction areas and agriculture spores are inhaled. PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Hi Everyone!!!

My mom and I just had a glass of wine and cheered to VALLEY FEVER!!! Thank you so much for your prayers...right before I left the hospital tonight we received the news that John is clear of meningitis! We are so grateful and thankful for God's protection and faithfulness.

John will be coming home tomorrow night. He has to lay flat after his spinal tap procedure, therefore he has to wait until 5:00 pm. He is still very tired and staying on his pain medication to control it. He will be resting at home for the next week, but WE are so happy he'll be coming home. The kids can't wait for him to return to the family.

We can not express how grateful we are to each and everyone of you. John has a slow road ahead of him so please pray for him to be patient with his recovery and for him to obey his new nurse...Nurse Laura. ha ha ha He will visit Dr. Mosher on Wednesday and at that time we find out how he is progressing. He told us it is not a quick recovery.

We love you all,
Laura and John

Hi again...

As I read the email I sent you all this morning I was so quickly reminded of ANSWERED PRAY...because of all your faithfulness to join together in prayer our prayer requests were TOTALLY answered. The results came back in "GOD" speed and John did rest better today. God is so good and I give Him all the glory. I just wanted to share my excitement with you.

"For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." Matthew 18:20

This situation has really made John and I reflect on what is important in our lives...First God; Others Second and ourselves Third. We love you!! All the other things are just "stuff."

Blessings,
Laura

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Hello friend,
I am so glad your friend is doing better! I received a comment on my blog from Jud not too long ago and was so excited to hear from him. I ran across your blog on Tara's blog I think. You have a beautiful family and the cutest little boys. I am glad you are doing well in Texas. It is so funny how we are all linked together somehow in cyberspace. Take care and check out my blog to meet Sailor if you get a chance! Sorry for the long comment.
Nikki in TN!